Friday, May 18, 2018

Eversense - Ooooops i did it again

Eversense - Ooooops i did it again
Explantation Eversense sensor

The first three months with the Everense sensor really went by and now it was already time to "dig up" the first fellow. Excavation is actually quite good in this case, because the little beast was somehow harder to find than planned.

I almost suspected a bit in advance, because in conversations with other Eversense users, I was always a bit surprised that everyone reported that they could feel the sensor clearly with their finger. However, I have never been able to feel my sensor and during the night, when I slept on the appropriate arm, I often had disconnects and also rarely full rash in the sensor search. All an indication that the sensor is a bit too low. Well, from the announced 5 minutes of the explantation was then just under half an hour.

HOW DOES THE EXPLANTATION WORK?
In principle, the procedure is similar to the implantation. The relevant site is first stunned locally. The injected lidocaine "puffs" the tissue a little. After that, the scar is opened (by the way, I have hardly found it, because superduper heals well) and with a pair of pliers (imagine this roughly like ne big tweezers) the sensor is pulled out. That is ratzfatz. Actually.  As I said, my sensor was apparently still a little stay in my body and so the whole thing was a little hide and seek.

Shortly thought about X-raying in order to better locate the idiosyncratic nerd, but then he decided to stop by himself with the whole "Hide & Seek" and came to his feet after more than half an hour's dud. For me personally, everything is not wild. Something can happen.

Eversense - Ooooops i did it again

NEW SENSOR - NEW LOCATION
For me was not at all a question of whether I would like to have the follow sensor in the same place, because I had chosen the place for the first sensor, unfortunately, a little too far back on the arm, so I wanted to have him this time in any case forward. Easier to reach without larger dislocations. Even if this means a new cut and thus a second scar.

The implantation was in contrast to the removal completely fix and was done almost in a jiffy. After the arm was already stunned anyway, it was just a cut and flupp in with the thing. And: this time I can feel it clearly. As always, I am absolutely convinced of the accuracy, also have some criticisms about which I will write as promised.

Eversense - Ooooops i did it again

Disclaimer: Roche Diabetes Care Deutschland GmbH has provided the Eversense CGM system free of charge. As always, the content of the article is my own experience and opinion and is not influenced by Roche.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment